Tchaikovsky – Romeo and Juliet/1812 Overture
The Skidmore College orchestra is a semi-professional orchestra made up of Skidmore students and top players from several regional professional orchestras, including the Albany Symphony, Berkshire Symphony, Schenectady Symphony and Glens Falls Symphony Orchestra.
This exclusive and unique Deluxe download includes the following bonuses:
– The full 1940 version of Romeo and Juliet by The Cleveland Orchestra, conducted by Artur Rodzinski, This excellent quality recording has been digitised from Columbia 78rpm Set M-478 (XCO 29305 -29309). Recorded December 26, 1940.
– The full 1941 version of 1812 Overture by The Cleveland Orchestra, conducted by Artur Rodzinski, [Though Rodzinski is credited, this recording was probably conducted by Associate Conductor Rudolf Ringwall]. This excellent quality recording has been digitised from Columbia 78rpm Set X-MX-205 (XCO 30559 – XCO 30562)
Recorded April 14, 1941.
– The complete score sheet music of Romeo and Juliet edited by Anatoly Drozdov (1883–1950) and Igor Belza (1904-1994). Reprinted New York: Edwin F. Kalmus, n.d.(1965).Orchestral Series No.574
– The First edition complete score sheet music of 1812 Overture, published Moscow: P. Jurgenson, n.d.. Plate 4592.
– The full size 5616 x 3615 cover artwork, without titles.
– 29 page booklet with notes about The Skidmore College Orchestra, The Cleveland Orchestra, Artur Rodzinski, Tchaikovsky, Romeo and Juliet Overture and the 1812 Overture.
Cat No: NM 1011
released March 19, 2018